Community Training and Education
EMPACT provides a variety of nationally recognized training programs and community presentations to individuals and organizations, including:
- Applied Suicide Prevention Skills Training (ASIST)
- A 2-day hands-on interactive experience that helps participants become ready, willing, and able to perform suicide first aid intervention.
- safeTALK (Suicide Alertness for Everyone)
- A 3-4 hour training that teaches participants how to become alert to identify those who have thoughts of suicide. Participants will learn how to apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and Keep Safe.
- Suicide TALK (suicide awareness)
- A 1-2 hour suicide awareness training that encourages participants to explore the topic of suicide prevention.
- QPR (CPR for suicide prevention)
- Using the Question, Persuade, Refer model, this 1-hour gatekeep training teaches participants about suicide crisis intervention and where to find help.
- Mental Health First Aid (understanding and assisting individuals with mental health problems)
- A 2-day course that educates participants to offer assistance to individuals with mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety disorders, or substance use disorders, before a crisis develops.
Other Trainings and presentation include:
- Bullying and Suicide
- Crisis Assessment and Intervention
- Critical Incident Debriefing
- Substance Abuse Education
- Suicide Prevention
- Survivors of Suicide Grief
- Crisis Stabilization
- Signs and Symptoms of Depression
- Youth Warning Signs of Suicide
For more information on EMPACT Prevention Programs please call: (602) 989-5065